Sunday, May 5, 2013

Farewell to our Breakaway Seniors!

Almost a year ago to the day we embarked on our new journey to Alaska!  Crazy it has been a year in Alaska, a year at ACF ( our new home church), a year of growing and stretching, & a year of making many new wonderful friends!   Today we celebrated  our wonderful seniors that we have had the privilege of getting to know this past year.  Bitter sweet, so excited for this new journey they are about to begin, but so sad to be saying goodbye.   This past year we opened our home on Tuesday nights to the breakaway leadership team.  I loved it mostly, because it gave me a chance to get to know the kids.  Sometimes I feel I am so  un useful on Sunday nights, I feel I do more chasing around of my children than socializing with the teens.   I know these teenagers will never know the tremendous impact they have made on my children!  Cyrus will never forget the countless Nerf and sword wars Austin had with him, and our house will feel so void without Kyra's glorious laugh!   Thank you Breakaway seniors for the impact you have had on my family, Eagle River, your schools and so much more!














No comments:

Post a Comment